Please review the brochure and pre-plan for winter storms. Identify nearby off street parking locations and gather permits if you need them. Plan for alternate transportation if you work an essential job and rely on public transit. Sign up for the Code Red Notification system if you have already to have information about snow emergencies sent to your cell phone or email. Save the following numbers in your phone in the event of an issue during a snow storm:
- Salem Department of Public Service (for all snow removal, plowing, or road hazards. If there is no answer leave a message and the issue will addressed as soon as possible.): 978-744-3302
- Salem Fire Department: 978-744-1235
- Salem Police Department: 978-744-1212 or 978-744-0171
- National Grid Electric: 1-800-465-1212
- National Grid Gas: 1-800-732-3400
- All Emergencies - 9-1-1
We will make every effort to keep you informed this winter. Vital information during snow emergencies will be posted regularly here, on our Facebook page, and on our Twitter account. Please check them regularly as the winter proceeds and follow our accounts if you have not done so.
We've had a great winter so far, hopefully this post didn't jinx us!