Snow removal planned for Sunday, February 8 have been canceled. Check back after the snow emergency has been lifted for updated parking restrictions.
As the City of Salem continues to dig out from the record snow fall of the past two weeks, the Salem Police remind residents of the following parking related information.
Parking Restrictions for Snow Removal
The City of Salem Department of Public works plans to continue snow removal operations around the city. To accommodate their operations the following areas will be designated as "No Parking". Please remove vehicles prior to the posted times or they will be subject to ticketing and towing. We have created a map of the following information as well.
Thursday, February 5, 2015
- No parking permitted in the Riley Plaza lots on both sides of Washington Street and the Klop Alley lot and the Front St. lot, from 7pm to 7am.
- No parking on New Derby and Derby Streets from Washington Street to Congress Street and Congress St. from Leavitt St. to Peabody St. from 9pm until 7am.
Friday, February 6, 2015
- No parking on Lafayette Place and Chase Street from 9pm on Friday to 7am on Saturday as well as on Derby Street from Congress Street to Webb Street and on all one-way streets between Essex Street and Derby Street from 9pm on Friday to 7am on Saturday.
- There will also be no parking in the Front Street, Crombie Street and Sewall Street parking lots from 7pm to 7am.
Saturday, February 7, 2015
- On Saturday, February 7th, there will be no parking from 9pm on Saturday to 7am on Sunday on Palmer Street, Dow Street, Harbor Street, Park Street, Prince Street, and Harrison Street.
- There will also be no parking from 9pm on Saturday to 7am on Sunday on Essex Street from Hawthorne Boulevard to Webb Street and for all one-way streets off Derby Street from Hawthorne Boulevard to Webb Street.
Sunday, February 8, 2015
- On Sunday, February 8th, there will be no parking from 9pm on Sunday to 7am on Monday on Ward Street, Peabody Street, Lynch Street, Perkins Street, and Pingree Street.
Temporary "No Parking Either Side" Restrictions
Due to the amount of snow accumulation on some city streets the Salem Police have temporarily ordered certain streets in the city to be "No Parking Either Side" until further notice. Vehicles parked on these streets will be subject to ticketing and towing. Residents should seek alternate on-street parking elsewhere on the even side of other roads in your neighborhood, on entrance corridors or at an alternative off-street parking lots such as Universal Steel, Church Street 6pm-7am, Salem Willows lot, Blaney Street wharf lot, and playground lots.
Temporary "No Parking on Odd Side" Restriction
In addition to the above parking restrictions the Salem Police have also ordered a "No Parking on Odd Side" restriction on residential streets. Vehicles should only park on the even side of the street. This order will be specifically enforced when vehicles limit the width of the roadway to less than 12 feet.
Should parking be normally restricted on the even side of a street residents may park on the odd side.
If vehicles parked on on the even side of the street limit the width of the roadway to less than 12 feet, no vehicles should park on the street
We appreciate your co-operation and patience as we continue to manage the snow. If you have any questions about parking please contact us at 978-744-1212. If you have questions or concerns about snow removal please contact the Department of Public Works at 978-744-3302 or through www.seeclickfix.com or the SeeClickFix app on your smartphone.